The School Library and Reading Room is well equipped with books and periodicals dealing with diverse topics of interest specially suited to the students. They should try to draw the maximum benefit from them.
- Books from the School Library will be issued to the students during the Library period as assigned in the Class Time-Table. Only one book is issued at a time. Reference books will not be issued.
- All books must be entered in the Library Register before they are taken from Library.
- Books are issued for the use of the borrower only. Hence, she may not lend or exchange them with their classmates.
- Books must be examined by the borrower before leaving the library and any damage must be brought to the notice of the Librarian. The borrower will be held responsible for any damage to the book while in their charge.
- Books should not be kept for more than 7 days. They may however, be extended for a further period of 7 days provided that they are not in demand by other borrowers. A good book is the precious life-blood of a master spirit.
- Failure to return a book on expiry of the maximum period of 14 days will involve the payment of a fine of Rs. 10/- per day.
- The borrower who loses a book will have to pay the full price of the book or replace the same.
- All library books must be returned one month before the Terminal and Final Examinations. No library books are issued during vacations.
- Habitual carelessness in handling books of the Library and unruly conduct towards the Library Assistants will render a student liable to suspension from further use of the Library.
Reading maketh a full man. - Lord Bacon.
The Real purpose of books is to trap the mind into doing its own thinking - Chnstopher Marlowe.